POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Atlas - Classic BattleTech : Re: Atlas - Classic BattleTech Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:27:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Atlas - Classic BattleTech
From: Mike the Elder
Date: 28 Apr 2008 08:45:01
Message: <web.4815c6009813f92b5a8888d90@news.povray.org>
"Yuri Hikado" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> I made this model by taking measurements with a caliper from IWM's sculpt of the
> Classic BattleTech (tm) Atlas mech.

"On Ursa Minor Beta, the Galactic Boccie Championship was taken VERY seriously"
;-)

Seriously, nice work. I've worked on some elementary posing code myself with
some primitive inverse kinesthetics. Although I've had some limited success, I
end each project thinking how I would have done it entirely differently had I
known in the beginning what I learned during the process.  I'm always
interested in code examples from those who are kind enough to share. (... and
the hints were flung like manhole covers.)

Best Regards,
Mike C.